Monday, January 9, 2012

MAC Daphne Guinness Blush

It seems as of late, I've become more obsessed with anything ombre. (See my original ombre-themed post here). When I saw the new Daphne Guinness for MAC collection, the two blush ombres immediately caught my attention.


I choose Azalea Blossom because Vintage Grape seemed a little too dark for my NW 20 skintone. I am surprised that both blushes are still in stock online, however, I read that it is actually a repromote (originally appearing in the Spring Colour Forecast) so maybe many picked it up then?




Left to Right: Pink Section, Purple Section, Mixed

Azalea Blossom is a cool-toned (blue-based) pink. When swatching, I noticed the pink tone is actually less cool than the purple section. Both sections of the blushes are large enough to "customize" the blush.  Personally, I like evenly mixing the two together.





Did you pick up anything from the Daphne Guinness collection? I was tempted to pick up two of the lipglosses in Japanese Spring & Narcissus but decided against it and picked up a brush instead. I chose the 168, a large angled contour brush which I used to apply this blush.
Where to Buy: MAC Cosmetics
Cost: $26 for 9g/0.31 oz
Limited Edition

8 comments:

  1. Haven't got anything from this collection but this colour looks so pretty! Definitely might get it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up the Vintage Grape one instead as I'm medium dark. I love the Nebula pigment as it's smokey eye in a jar.

    The ombre blushes are kind of cool though, and I really like the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vivian- It is a pretty color. This is my first MAC blush and I'm loving it.

    @Fieran- Nebula is a beautiful color! I've never tried MAC pigments but I'm tempted to pick up one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried out the Vintage Grape in the store since it was suggested to me by the MAC artist and it wore really well. I'm NC 45 so the azalea blossom should work great for your lighter compexion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought Vintage Grape, because Azalea is a little too pink for me. I got 2: one for me and one for a giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you have a question, tweet me @shoppinkglitter