Friday, July 29, 2011

Hate to Wait?

I love painting my nails, but I hate waiting for them to dry...


A few years ago, I discovered OPI's Drip Dry, which was in a duo nail polish set that was on sale at Ulta. Basically you apply a few drops to each nail after you are finished painting your nails and they are dry within a few minutes! For someone like me who paints her nails up to twice a week, Drip Dry was an *amazing* discovery.


What wasn't so amazing was the price...


Drip Dry costs anywhere in $13-15 dollar range. In my opinion, it is worth the price to not have to sit around and watch paint dry (ha!). However, for one reason or another, I never got around to repurchasing.


I was in Target with my boyfriend recently and decided to stop by the makeup section. Sitting on the shelf was a Drying Drop bottle by Nicole by OPI. I figured if the original OPI Drip Dry was amazing, this formula had to be somewhat similar. Plus, it was nearly half the price ($7.99 for 15 mL). Score!




The directions are the same. Apply 1-2 drops 60 seconds after the final coat. OPI claims in 60 seconds nails are dry to the touch, and in 5 minutes nails are completely dry.


I wanted to try these drying drops one last time without a topcoat. I've been using the drops after using Butter of London's quick drying topcoat, so I didn't want it to skew my results. However, it did not. My nails were dry to the touch within a minute or so (with 3 coats of nail polish!) and after a few minutes they were dry. Of course, I didn't go around trying to smudge them...


Final Thoughts:
Even though I tried the original drip dry a few years ago, Nicole by OPI's drying drops seem to work just as well as I remember the original working. Amazing product, at half the price.


Where to Buy: Target, Ulta
Cost: about $7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you have a question, tweet me @shoppinkglitter